Honor means to hold in high esteem; to do the right thing; and/or a privilege. I remember mother teaching me the 10 commandments. She placed emphasis on the first 5:
1. I am the Lord, your God.
2. Thou shall bring no false idols before me.
3. Do not take the name of the Lord in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.
5. Honor thy father and thy mother.
The first 4 are about holding God in high esteem and to see and the day he set aside for rest. The 5th one is about holding our parents in high esteem. The next 5 are:
6. Thou shall not kill/murder.
7. Thou shall not commit adultery.
8. Thou shall not steal.
9. Thou shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
10. Thou shall not covet your neighbor’s wife (or anything that belongs to your neighbor).
View original post 310 more words